Not all fats are bad for the health but excess fat is really a big problem. Many health problems are partly or fully related to excess fat in the body such as thickening of the arteries and heart conditions.
If you love your body, want to look good or just need to fully enjoy life as long as possible, consider the following steps on how to reduce body fat.
- Nourish and fuel your body with nutritious foods. Healthy lifestyle is living with full of energy.
- Don’t skip meals and eat 5 times a day. Lessen the size of your breakfast, lunch and dinner. Take a healthy snack between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. This manner is a good way to break your meal, allowing your body to fully digest your meals. You can satisfy your body and as a result increase your metabolism.
- Include proteins and vegetables to your meals and snacks. Meals rich in proteins can make you feel full easily and longer. Protein is necessary to build muscles while vegetables are rich in fiber. Protein and vegetables boost body fat reduction.
- Make sure that you only eat what your body needs. Eating enough is vital on how to reduce body fat. Know portion control standards. Adults need no more than 3 ounces or 90 grams of protein, half a cup or 87.5 grams of starch and a cup or 175 grams of vegetables. Feeding your body more than the recommended portions could likely contribute to the increase of body fat. Meanwhile, eating less could fear your body for starvation, making it to store fat. Talk to your doctor or certified dietician about portion control servings to make sure that you get enough nourishment while following the tips on how to reduce your body fat.
- Choose meals that only have low calorie. You should consult your doctor for your calorie requirement before going into low-calorie diet. Be sure to burn off calorie everyday if you find difficult to maintain low calorie diet.
- Drink a lot of water and make it as your leading choice of drinks. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily (8 ounce per glass or 226.8g). You may increase the amount if you are following how to reduce body fat tips. Water hydrates your body, provides energy and helps you not to crave for foods more often. Do not drink sodas or minimize it if you can’t live without them. Sodas are rich in calories that can contribute in increasing body fat.
- Be active. Your diet on how to reduce body fat should be incorporated with proper exercises. You can do as simple as walking, running, swimming or more intense workouts such as weight training and kickboxing. Exercise helps enhance strong trim physique.
- Keep motivated. You do not need anything to exercise as long as you are motivated to follow how to reduce body fat guidelines.
- Try HIIT (high intensity interval training). This training is the advanced level on how to reduce body fat. You can strip body fat at a faster rate than aerobics. While this is not for everyone, this type of training is one of the leading effective methods for the intermediate to advanced trainers in decreasing body fat percentage.
- If you drink alcohol, minimize it. Alcoholic drinks have a lot of empty calories and could reduce appetite while lowering testosterone levels. Testosterone is important in burning fat. Alcohol also affect badly the process of burning calories for energy.
- Make a plan. This is most people fail when trying ways to reduce body fat. How to reduce body fat plan can help you in attaining successful results.
How to reduce body fat should not be a difficult guideline for you as long as you stay motivated.
If you are not motivated, you can have so many reasons not to follow guidelines on how to reduce body fat.
Share and Enjoy
Many want to know how to get a flat stomach fast, especially if they have plan to wear a sexy swimsuit on the beach.
If you are having problem in your midsection and want to get a flatter stomach fast, follow these steps.
- Perform regular aerobic exercises. Try them for 30 minutes each day but take a day or two days rest in a week. You may join dance classes, or do some running, cycling, walking or anything that could pump up your heart.
- Incorporate different exercises. There are different exercises that can help you in getting flat stomach, combining them can work the entire abdominal region. To work your upper abdomen, perform crunches; leg raises for lower abdomen; and side bends for obliques. Perform at least 15 to 25 reps a day but if you are strong enough, add weights to your routine.
- Burn the belly fat. You may have the ability to perform hundreds of crunches a day but if you do not burn the fats, then you can’t see the development of your abdominal muscles since they are covered by the fats at the top. Try cardio and plyometric exercises.
- Pump up your heart. Cardio exercises keep your heart healthy and improve blood circulation, which are essential on how to get a flat stomach fast. Go for interval cardio training. Try alternating between sprinting and power walking. This is a great interval cardio training. When you feel tired, then take a walk and when you feel you are ready to run again, then run as fast as you can. Perform this interval cardio training for 20 minutes.
- Incorporate plyometrics. You need explosive power in performing plyometrics, which combine cardio with strength training. There are many different plyometric exercises that can be done at home such as modified jumping jacks, squat-thrust push-ups and cartwheels.
- Strength training. This enhances muscular tone and improves metabolism, making you burn more calories faster. You can do strength training exercises at home such as squats, push-ups, pull-ups and many others.
- Anaerobic exercise is great to get a flat stomach fast. Light weight lifting or simple resistance training can help you burn fat and tone up the rest of your body. The higher your metabolic rate, the more fat you will burn because of more energy in your body. Try deadlifts with challenging weights for you. You can increase your metabolic rate by taking 6-8 meals a day. Take a small meal every 2-3 hours. Remember not to overeat. The increased frequency can bring your metabolism into overdrive. For best results, do not eat carbohydrates after 2PM, only take proteins.
- Get sufficient sleep. This is a simple guideline in getting flat stomach. Sleep deprivation slows down your metabolism. Try to get up from bed without your alarm clock. Seven hours of sleep for adult is acceptable.
- Minimize junk food. Instead of consuming chips and sweets, try whole fruits and vegetables.
- Take a lot of lean proteins. Meat is good source of protein but do not eat fat. Other sources of protein are nuts and beans.
- Eat grains and whole grain breads. Whole-grain bread makes you fuller for long period of time than cakes and cookies. Do not consume high-fat dairy products and go for low-fat ones for vitamin B6 and protein.
- Eat small meals throughout the day. Do not overeat, just eat until you get full. Only eat super foods and avoid processed ones.
- Eat raw. You can get the full nutrients of foods if you do not cook them. Raw foods take longer to digests, making you feel full longer. Your body will digest raw foods slowly so, you prevent any spikes or drops of blood sugar until your next meal, helping you to get a flatter stomach fast. Some of the best raw foods to eat are cabbage, celery, apples, berries and many more.
- Drink lots of water. Water is better than soda and soft drinks, which contain lots of sugar.
- Decrease sodium consumption. Salt and fatty additives to your foods only provide fats to your body. If you can’t live without them, lower your sodium intake.